Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the great northern alberta adventure

I ended up going on an unexpected whirlwind trip of Northern Alberta yesterday. I was returning to Fort McMurray from Edmonton and the highway was closed. There is pretty much one way into the town so its a tiny bit of an issue. Turns out that about 30 min before I arrived on the scene, some idiot forced a tanker truck off the road where it then burst into flames. Fuel on fire at the side of the road is just a fantastic thing to have.

I ended up turning back the way I had come to take a detour through Lac La Biche. I arrived to find that the road out of town was also closed and had to detour again. I got to see a lot of Northern Alberta in the process. I think that we should just rip it out and start again because its not a very efficient part of the province. The lakes up here are lovely though. I've also learned that I never ever want to have to do that drive again. It really is just silly and also added an extra 3 hours to my drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment