Monday, August 24, 2009

vacation. sort of.

Yesterday I got back from a three day excursion to Edmonton. Nice to see friends and get some things done that I can't get done here, like visit Ikea since they are one of the few places that actually sells bedlinen in colours that are relevant to my interests. (Why am I not European? Seems like that would be a better lot in life for me.)

So outside of errands and seeing Inglorious Basterds which was dull, I got to spend a lot of time actually visiting with people and of course seeing "Captain Hook vs the Zombies" at Edmonton Fringe which I did the posters for. 

It was all fun which was to be expected I think.

Thursday night was my first night in town and upon arrival, which because of construction and trains was a 5 hour drive, I mostly just wanted to collapse. A friend and I walked to the local 7/11 and bought slurpees and I basked in the idea that you can go places and get things at 10:00 at night. (I have been living in small towns far too long.)
What I really haven't been expecting is how much I miss certain people and how actually getting to hang out with friends would make me miss them even more. There are two or so people who currently fit this category and I'm entirely confused by it. I don't generally miss people or, at least, not to an extent where I'm actually upset enough to cry about it. (Sometimes I'm just a heartless bitch, I know.) But the truth is, most of what I'm feeling is wanting to go back to where I was before so that I can see them.

Michael and I also might start a band for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment